Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I am at 'piece' again...

Wow, it amazing what a picture can do to you that you haven't looked at in a while...since cleaning off my platters, I have found myself scrapbooking more. I just can't express how relaxing and calming it is. To go back through hundreds and hundreds of pictures to pick a theme to create an everlasting memory is just breathtaking. My whole world stops revolving around me and I just go back to that moment in time that my camera captured. I just sit and stare at it and just smile. No matter what the day held for me, as soon as I sit down, I am happy and at 'piece'!

It takes a few minutes to visualize it in my head of what I want. Once the glue goes down, there is no turning back. I go through tons of papers and embellishments, making sure to pick the perfect one. Then I start cropping, trimming, distressing, rearranging a few times, and then it starts to come together...just like 'pieces' of a puzzle. As I get further into it, the empty spaces begin to fill up. I don't empty space, geesh, now that I think about it, no wonder I don't like empty space on my pages...I hate empty spaces in my time and life. If I have a few minutes to chill, I am still doing something. I don't sit, everyone knows that, so I guess they go together...anyway, back to scrapbooking. (just had a KDD moment there) I then look at the page and see where I can fit one more embellishment or ribbon. Finally, when there is no more room, it is just perfect for me, like the pieces of a puzzle, it just all fits together!

For those of you who don't know, I used to teach scrapbooking at Central Texas College. I did a few classes and then stopped. It was great, it was there I met two awesome ladies who one of them became such a dear friend, her and her family. We will have such a great story to scrapbook together one day when I move back to Texas...I brought allllllllll my scrapbooking supplies here to Oki and hopet og et caught up on the past 7 years...ouch, that looks bad. I don't go in order, I look through pictures and when a page idea comes to mind, I go for it. I am very behind, but hey, you can't rush time. I like to create scrapbooks for others as well, but can't put my heart and soul into someone else's memories while mine are so fresh in my head.

My scrapbooking tells my life, my dreams, my goals. It lets me be me with every ribbon, paper, rub on, and chipboard letter. It is my one way to express myself at the given moment in time and if I ever lose who I am, I just take a few minutes to sit down and look through the finished books. I just smile or caress the picture. Takes me back. There is no replacing that with any piece of technology, bank account, car, trip, nothing because it lies in your soul. You take all the materialistic things out of this world and you are still left with moments, happy, sad, funny, frightening, but you still have it...forever.

My scrapbooks are my book of life and I am the author...I am not after a prize or recognition, just capturing memories and holding onto them. One of Jacob's most favorite things to do is to sit down in my lap and we go through his baby books. I tell each and every story and he just laughs as I hug him tighter and tighter. When we are done, he says, 'can we do it again, I love my baby moments'. I save every little piece of moments for my books. Ticket stubs, receipts, ribbons, etc to add to that moment. I try to make each page come to life while looking at it.

Well, he just got home from school and it is time to go back and start his 6th Birthday Party page...will be posted soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment