Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

As I sit here...


I just stare at the screen trying to remember word for word what I wanted to type throughout the day when I finally get a chance to sit and type. Now that my PINK keyboard is in front of me, I draw a blank. Then it dawns on me as I sort through the tons of websites I visit each day why I am typing...HATERS SUCK. Sorry, that was a bit harsh, but so are they. Just imagine the tone of that sentence with me very cool, calm, and relaxed sitting with you and chatting and then all of a sudden, I jump up and scream, HATERS SUCK...get the picture, good, here I go, hang on...!

The other day I, well, Jacob and I, ran some errands and we came across an entertainment unit on the curb. We looked it over, made sure it wasn't broke and grabbed it. I wanted to add some color to it so I covered it in fabric, to give it some life. I posted it and sure enough, my HATER fan club came out again. They wrote on the OYS site this time and not the underground page that this sat in the rain, was wobbly, cracked and broke. I don't pick stuff up that is like that. I am trying to start a business doing this so why would I?? I guess there are people out there that just can't stand other success. It bothers me. I know I shouldn't let it, but I am not that strong to hide it. I can tell you that it's not a big deal, but it is. It hurts. It sucks.

I got bashed a few weeks ago and gave up. Then I sat back and realized that nobody will do that to me. Well, I started looking at my plate of things like this...let me paint you another picture...You have a BBQ, all the food at this BBQ are your ideas, dreams, thoughts, projects all laid out on the table for you. You go down the line, look at some of them and decide if this is for you. Is it good for you, is it bad, will it cause heartache, etc. Then you sit down and enjoy every last bite of those mixtures of ideas, dreams, and thoughts. Yummy, just thinking about how delicious they are and how you could just let this fester in your stomach and do you good...right? When you are finished, it's time to scrap off the tiny bit of leftovers you can't fit in your waistline anymore. Well, you go to lay it down on the counter because in comes another idea and you forget about the plate that now has the food drying and sticking to it. It continues to sit and harden because you are to busy jotting down other ideas, dreams, and thoughts. You go off and have a blast with those new ideas and just let the other ones sit. Well, there is a time that you HAVE TO GO AND CLEAN IT OFF. Wash the plate and put it away for another time. There will be more BBQ's, trust me.

So, for now, with being at peace with it all, I have whole heartedly decided to stop the junkin' and flippin' for a bit. I am strong in a sense that I can survive my husband defending this country, but can't survive people tearing me up. All my friends tell me not to let it stop me, but I just can't do it anymore. I will get my plate out again in Texas where I have the support system with me at work everyday to do this.

Right now, it is time to focus on becoming a substitute teacher, which my packet has been filled out for about 9 months. I just haven't taken it up because I have been to busy with the furniture stuff, you know the bad food...Hopefully I will get picked up for that and will be surrounded in my scrapbooking. I haven't done that since we got here and my goal was to be caught up on my thousands of pictures before we go back. If I make anything, it will go on ebay or etsy. Somewhere where people appreciate the work and not slam it into the ground, like this place. This island is small and these wives have nothing else to do but get in other peoples way. I am not giving up, I am just going to relax for a bit with all of this. I am smiling and very content. I appreciate all the awesome feedback and comments. Truly is amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment