Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm famous!

Ok, so the other day I posted some of my painted furniture on the okinawa yard sale website. The site I list all my stuff on...A friend of mine called me to tell me that on Okinawaunderground.com, there was a thread about me and my furniture. There were two bashing me and the others were defending me. The bashers were asked if they were jealous or envious of my work. Loved it!

I let it go and thought it was funny because the stuff they were talking about SOLD for $20. They were saying stuff like, 'what if it had mold on it, what if it were left in the rain and she is just covering it up'. REALLY PEOPLE, my customers have kids, why would I deliberately sell something dangerous to children when I am trying to make a name for myself and to carry this business back with me to the states. I swear there are some people in this world that don't deserve to speak. Anyway, so the big cabinet that I had posted, I took off due to adding a few things to it.

I reposted it this evening. In my ad, I fully described every detail that went into flipping it. I also made a statement at the bottom that basically was bashing my basher but in a professional way. I text me friend to tell her to read my ad and sure enough, she went to the OU page and said they had already started a thread on my ad. Freaking crazy...

After my 'PINK Standing Closet' was reposted, it was the third item on the list and guess what, you guessed it, someone IMed me about and will be here in the morning to look at it in person! The laugh I let out went to my bashers...then I had someone else write me and her IM said, 'I love your work, do you do custom orders'? Well, OF COURSE I do!! I was so flattered. THEN another lady emailed me and just said, 'just want to tell you that your work is gorgeous, congratulations'!

I am smiling so big right now because I am NOT the person that will allow a few peoples choice words or comment to ruin what I AM WORKING for...just ain't gonna happen! Now, excuse me from typing any longer, I have a rocking horse to tend to...

No comments:

Post a Comment